On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:00:01 -0500
Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 February 2015 05:11:51 Curt wrote:
> > On 2015-02-25, Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> > > CUPS has not provided information about them them because it gets
> > > its information from the Duplex option in the PPD file. The
> > > brother PPD does not provide such an option. There is no bug.
> >
> > Then I can't understand why Gene said he could print a test page in
> > duplex using the brother PPD after setting the duplex option as a
> > default in the web interface.
>
> I don't recall saying that. I can duplex print if I use one of the
> foomatic postscript drivers, but of the ones I have tried, everyone
> works, and then crashes the printer so it has to be powerdown reset
> to retre it for the next job.
>
> May I remind everyone that the cups "test page" is ONE page, and
> therefore cannot, will not, exercise the duplex functions. A 2 page
> test page would be handier than bottled beer for troubleshooting
> this, but we don't have one

I just tested printing from a Jessie VM here on my Epson printer. When
set to duplex, it pulls the page back in, and then spits it out again,
although it hasn't printed anything on the back. When I tried from an
OpenSUSE VM, it actually printed on both sides.

Attached, if the server lets it through.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"