On Wednesday 25 February 2015 11:37:36 Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:07:35 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 February 2015 10:41:30 Petter Adsen wrote:

> > > I just tested printing from a Jessie VM here on my Epson printer.
> > > When set to duplex, it pulls the page back in, and then spits it
> > > out again, although it hasn't printed anything on the back. When I
> > > tried from an OpenSUSE VM, it actually printed on both sides.
> > >
> > > Attached, if the server lets it through.
> >
> > It did, and it was opened by kghostview for display when I
> > dbl-clicked on it.
> >
> > kghostview's printer dialog can see AND adjust the options. I left
> > the default long edge binding duplex setting in place and printed it,
> > AND IT WORKED!
>
> Yay! Congratulations! :-) I guess that counts as progress :)
>
> > But that printer dialog is obviously not one of the two I have been
> > dealing with here. It is TDEPrint , and appears to work exactly as
> > expected.
>
> Odd that the others don't.
>
> > So we have now learned that it can work on wheezy, if the right
> > printer dialog issues the command to (cups version) lp.
> >
> > Do we still have the group in denial?
> >
> > Now, if I can determine from the help screens of the other print
> > dialogs and determine what their names are, I can begin to file
> > meaningful bugs.
>
> I opened the file here, in evince and launced the print dialog. From
> what I can see the dialog is not a separate process, so maybe you could
> try filing a bug against whatever application you are trying to print
> from that fails, with a note that it works from kghostview/TDE?

That will have to wait, I need to get some laundry done and take a shower etc,
as I have an appointment with a Moh's surgeon to take a look at a sore on my
nose tomorrow afternoon.  It is not the first time, and unless I fall over
before spring, probably not the last time.  One of the nuisance of being a
white caucasion I guess.  And my speil checker has gone away. I don't
remember leaving the gate open. ;)

> > > Petter
> >
> > Thank you Petter, it was and is, a valuable tool for testing.  I
> > appreciate it.
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> You are very welcome - glad it helped! :)
>
> Petter

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)