On Wednesday 25 February 2015 10:41:30 Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:00:01 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Then I can't understand why Gene said he could print a test page in
> > > duplex using the brother PPD after setting the duplex option as a
> > > default in the web interface.
> >
> > I don't recall saying that. I can duplex print if I use one of the
> > foomatic postscript drivers, but of the ones I have tried, everyone
> > works, and then crashes the printer so it has to be powerdown reset
> > to retre it for the next job.
> >
> > May I remind everyone that the cups "test page" is ONE page, and
> > therefore cannot, will not, exercise the duplex functions. A 2 page
> > test page would be handier than bottled beer for troubleshooting
> > this, but we don't have one
>
> I just tested printing from a Jessie VM here on my Epson printer. When
> set to duplex, it pulls the page back in, and then spits it out again,
> although it hasn't printed anything on the back. When I tried from an
> OpenSUSE VM, it actually printed on both sides.
>
> Attached, if the server lets it through.

It did, and it was opened by kghostview for display when I dbl-clicked on it.

kghostview's printer dialog can see AND adjust the options. I left the default
long edge binding duplex setting in place and printed it, AND IT WORKED!

But that printer dialog is obviously not one of the two I have been dealing
with here. It is TDEPrint , and appears to work exactly as expected.

So we have now learned that it can work on wheezy, if the right printer dialog
issues the command to (cups version) lp.

Do we still have the group in denial?

Now, if I can determine from the help screens of the other print dialogs and
determine what their names are, I can begin to file meaningful bugs.

> Petter

Thank you Petter, it was and is, a valuable tool for testing.  I appreciate
it.
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)