On 20/06/2015, Reco <recovery...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 01:45:42 +0800
> Bret Busby <bret.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 20/06/2015, Reco <recovery...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > And then again - if Ubuntu satisfies your needs, why suffer with Debian
>> > oldstable?
>> >

>> As should be shown by examining the full headers of this and other
>> messages not explicitly sent from the Debian installations, I am using
>> Ubuntu 12.04, except where necessary for attempts to get the Debian
>> installations working.
>
> I did not meant any offense, sorry just in case.
> BTW which particular header do you have in mind? Because whatever MUA
> you're using does not supply X-Mailer header. And judging by the lowest
> 'Received', this e-mail I'm replying to was send via GMail web
> interface.
>

>> I would rather use Debian 6, as it has the superior interface, to the
>> later Debian versions, and to Ubuntu, but, to use Debian 6, I have to
>> use a lesser computer.
>
> Ah, I get it now. So, layman's terms put aside, you like to use GNOME2
> and not GNOME3. And that Ubuntu's Unity is just not your cup of tea.

I believe that on the Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 installations, gnome 3 is
the desktop manager and I use, as I use on Debian 7, when i boot it,,
gnome classic, as it kind of resembles gnome 2, to an extent, but, as
far as I am aware, I do not have ubuntu unity installed on either
ubuntu installation.

> Well, they don't argue about tastes, as they say.
> Ever tried this Mate thing? Same GNOME2, only it's supported (as of
> wheezy and jessie) and every program is called funny.

I understand that mate is in spanish, and it appears to lack the
functionality of gnome 2.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale