On Sat 22 Oct 2016 at 13:54:28 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> >On 10/17/2016 10:22 AM, Brian wrote:
> >>
> >>   https://wiki.debian.org/Installation+Archive+USBStick
> >>
> >>looks to be right up your street and capable of adapting to
> >>your needs.
> >
> >I'd seen it and caused me to think what I wanted might be reasonable.
> > I tried to follow it but got tangled up. Perhaps should try again
> >after a good night's sleep.
>
> That was one major problem. Another is the author's style was not suitable
> for me.

You leave your "major problem" unexpressed (will we ever know?) but have
focussed on concerns about the style on the wiki page at

   https://wiki.debian.org/Installation+Archive+USBStick

If the author had known his efforts were not suitable for Richard Owlett
I'm sure he would have written differently. He should be reprimanded for
not tailoring his advice to your needs. Get in touch and badger him to
amend his ways. From all accounts, he is a very reasonable and pleasant
chap.

It's a wiki, of course. Guess what? You can make it better.

> It probably would fine someone whose goal was identical to the author's. I
> believe it has all the pieces. I will attempt to follow a dictum I heard
> decades ago - Plan the Work. Work the Plan.

By God! I wish I had said that.

--
Brian.