Muhammad Yousuf Khan schreef op 27-12-2016 15:15:
Thanks this is what i already did and i was about to send you guys the
details and fortunately your msg comes in.
tcpdump is telling me very interesting story.
when i 'tcpdump -i eth3 icmp' it shows all the ping packet that are
received for ip 50.x.x161 but not for 50.x.x.162
that means ISP gateway is not sending packets to virtual IPs. so this
issue pointing to ISP or MAC related issue.

but confusion is the system before current system it has the Virtual
IPs and it was working fine it has debian 5 (old version)

Only thing I can say is to not give the address to the alias but see what happens if you just give it to eth3.

I don't know how you assign it but if this is your public IP then of course there is no such thing as "Virtual IP". They are just two IPs assigned to the same interface right, which is perfectly normal.

IPtables chokes on eth3:1 syntax though. Do not use it for your firewall pls :).

Regards.

Or if you do: iptables-save | sed "s/ eth3:. / eth3 /g" | iptables-restore

But maybe it is completely different, I don't know, it's just odd I guess to me.

Regards.