On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 04:00:34PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 05:34:56PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> > My (tiny) contributions to Debian in the form of
> > bug reports, patches and answering e-mails on this list here and there
> > did not provide me with any income ☺.
>
> Likewise; but your contributions are non-the-less appreciated. Thanks!
>
> > I'd like to switch an angle a bit here. Red Hat and community put aside,
> > who else is interested in Fedora?
> > For instance, it's impossible to name a single corporation (SPI does not
> > count) that stands behind a Debian, if there's any.
> > It's possible to do so for, say, OpenSUSE or (pardon) Ubuntu.
>
> In the past at least, HP hosted and provided servers and bandwidth for
> critical
> Debian build infrastructure, and (still) sponsor a group subscription to LWN
> for Debian developers. So you could answer "HP" here.  One could look at
> whoever (possibly still including HP, I haven't checked) provide or host
> Debian's infrastructure today.

I stand corrected. They (HP) hid it pretty well, though.
I was under impression that they prefer something more enterprisey
there, like SuSE or RHEL.
To complete the analogy with Fedora one needs to count all DDs who are on HPE
payroll, I guess.

A quick search at [1] did not produce anything useful.

[1]
https://www.startpage.com/do/search?query=%40hpl.hp.com%20site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Flists.debian.org

Reco