Le 23/06/2019 à 08:27, Gene Heskett a écrit :
On Saturday 22 June 2019 22:49:36 John Hasler wrote:

Gene writes:
Well, I'd expect there is a registration fee...
...particularly since it may take a whole cluster of servers to
cover locally, the whole ipv6 address space.

I don't know what you mean by that. The number of servers does not
depend on the size of the address space.

That doesn't compute John, unless a 30+ second dns lookup time would be
tolerable.

Why would a DNS lookup take 30 seconds ?
Anyway, this is irrelevant. Registries who assign address blocks do not manage DNS lookups. They just manage delegations to the organizations which manage reverse DNS zones. Besides, a reverse DNS zone does not have to serve PTR records for all IP addresses in the block.