Hi,

I have some custom systemd units in ~/.config/systemd/user
In Debian 9 I could start my ~/.config/systemd/user/foo.service after reboot and login simply with $ systemctl --user start foo.service

Since I upgraded to Debian 10, I need to issue a prior
$ systemctl --user daemon-reload

If I don’t daemon-reload first, systemctl answers that "Unit foo.service not found". This carries the additional problem that when foo.service is enabled to start automatically after boot, it no longer starts automatically.

Could it be relevant that my home folder is encrypted with ecryptfs? How can I check whether it is now decrypted before or after systemd starts its user instance? I’m interested in any other pointers about what could have changed in the upgrade and how I could to debug this.

Victor