Le 23 Aug 2019, Sven Hartge <s...@svenhartge.de> a écrit :

Victor A. Stoichita <vic...@svictor.net> wrote:

Could it be relevant that my home folder is encrypted with ecryptfs? How can I check whether it is now decrypted before or after systemd starts its user instance?

ecryptfs is not included nor supported in Debian 10.

https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#noteworthy-obsolete-packages

Thanks Sven!

That’s rather bad news for me. I should have read the news of course before upgrading. But I’ve been encrypting my home folder for so long that I didn’t even think that ecryptfs could be dropped out of stable without an alternative to it.

I just checked and ecryptfs-utils is available again in unstable (sid). That package in unstable is binary identical with the one in oldstable (stretch). So I guess that it’s my understanding of "stability" which is wrong.
Regards,
Victor