On 09/27/2020 09:21 AM, Brian wrote:
On Sun 27 Sep 2020 at 07:32:20 -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/setupSaneScan4: not found
/var/lib/dpkg/info/brscan4.postinst: 19:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/brscan4.postinst:
/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/udev_config.sh: not found
You have checked whether tose files exist or not?

   ls -l /opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/setupSaneScan4
   ls -l /opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/udev_config.sh

If not, you can cheat by extracting them from the the deb package,
putting them where they are looked for and then running

   apt purge brscan4

Thank you for your response.

Both files were missing.

I followed your suggestion, extracted the deb and copied the files to /opt/brother/scanner. However, sudo apt purge brscan4 I got:

comp@AbNormal:~/Downloads/Brother/tmp$ sudo  apt purge brscan4
[sudo] password for comp:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: The package brscan4 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
www.molecular-modeling.net