On 2020-12-28 at 07:47, Anssi Saari wrote:

> One thing came to my mind, do you have the appropriate aux power
> connectors available and connected? Looks like the RX 5700 XT is
> quite power hungry at 225 W max vs. 151 W with your old card.
> Different connectors too (6 pin + 8 pin instead of 2x 6 pin). And
> these cards can be quite picky about having appropriate power
> connected.

Yes - I noted the different power-connector requirements when I first
installed the card, and I've had them in place on every swap-in since.

If the card weren't getting its proper power, I'd expect anything from
no video output at all to a warning light to a motherboard beep, none of
which is happening.

My PSU is overpowered for the system it's in, so I'm reasonably sure
it's capable of handling the added load for the upgraded GPU without
issues.

--
   The Wanderer