On Sb, 09 ian 21, 19:58:06, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-01-09 at 23:39 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> > Carl Fink wrote:
> >
> > > The recommendation is to reinstall instead. It's easier and doesn't
> > > take much more time.
> >
> > Please do not share your personal thoughts as recommendations. I
> > would never
> > reinstall my system.
>
> Please don't try to read my mind. I'm repeating the recommendation I've
> seen on this very list for decades.

This list is mostly read by other Debian Users and some Debian Members.

Unless stated otherwise any recommendations you read here are personal
opinions.

Official Debian communication is done only via dedicated channels (which
debian-user isn't).

Debian goes to great lengths to support and document upgrading between
releases. It also provides a very flexible installer for new
installations.

The choice between upgrade and reinstall can depend on a lot of factors
and depending on the situation there may be good reasons for either of
them.

Kind regards,
Andrei