On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:47:26 -0000 (UTC)
"Juan R. de Silva" <juan.r.d.si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now I'm inclined to resolve this odd problem by reinstalling
> Debian. It looks to be an easier path comparing to finding a weird
> GNOME bug without even having a minimal clue of what part might be
> responsible for it.
>
> If this problem shows up once again this will make an end of GNOME
> for me. Using GNOME for many years I've been reluctant to change DE.
> May be it's the time now. :-(

I doubt very much that Gnome is your problem. More likely Network
Manager or whatever you are using is your problem. Re-installing
Debian, and doing all the customization one usually does after a new
installation sounds to me like a lot of work for an unsure outcome.

> CLI utilities confirm that my IPv6 is enabled and that WiFi interface
> is assigned an IPv6 address. One for 2.4G band & a different one for
> 5G band.

I suspect that this is part of your problem. If you have access to your
DHCP and DNS servers, I suggest you change that.

If you are using Modem Manager, you can watch syslog to see what the
DHCP server gives you computer when it assigns an address.

tail -f /var/log/syslog

I'd look for differences between the two bands. They should be pretty
much the same.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com