On 2021-05-24 1:16 p.m., Henning Follmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 12:24:30PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside
> wrote:
>>

>> On 2021-05-24 11:47 a.m., Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>>> On Sun, 23 May 2021 21:53:45 -0700, David Christensen wrote:
>>>
> [...]
>>>
>>> I finally narrowed the problem to one specific source by installing
>>> Windows 10 and KDE Neon in parallel to my Debian. After booting into
>>> either of them and using 5G WiFi band my IPv6 address is visible from
the
>>> outside world as expected. Thus now I know that both my adapter and its
>>
>>> Linux driver are fine, which clearly marks my Debian 10 being corrupted
>>
>>> in some way.
>>>
>>> Right now I'm inclined to resolve this odd problem by reinstalling
>>> Debian. It looks to be an easier path comparing to finding a weird GNOME
>>> bug without even having a minimal clue of what part might be responsible
>>> for it.
>>>
>>> If this problem shows up once again this will make an end of GNOME for
>>> me. Using GNOME for many years I've been reluctant to change DE. May be
>>
>>> it's the time now. :-(
>>
>> What a crazy thing here...
>> Now desktop environment cause network problem !
>
> Hmm I do not think that a play by play is a decent way to solve any
> problems or to communicate on a public forum.
>
> ... anyway ...
>

>> Ever tried using your network card from the CLI without loading Gnome
>> and doing a real test, also using Gnome without using the Network
>> Manager but other way of managing your network connection (as it's not
>> obligation to use the NetworkManager).
>
> Yes, there is nmcli which is the command line interface to your friendly
> network manager. I think it works rather well.

So why don't you first try doing a real diagnostic on your network.
That is :
Connect as single user mode.
Use iwconfig to connect to your network.

Gnome is a whole stack of software and only a small config problem in it
may be causing your problem.

You jump pretty fast too conclusion.

What you say here make as much sense as changing of operating system
because the version of LibreOffice bundled doesn't fit you well.

The problem is in the network stack, then go find where the problem may be.

You don't look at log, or don't talk like you did any type of diagnostic
other than doing two doubtful comparison and jump to a real fast conclusion.

If you can connect using iwconfig then try using nmcli.
If using iwconfig work but not nmcli then you have two choice.
Either you configure your system to use the network without network
manager or you debug the problem into NetworkManager.

If you really want people to help you out, you also have to do your share.

That is : give logs about your system.
Accept to do diagnostic before making unjustified affirmation (that is,
without nothing to support them, AKA acting like Trump's stolen election).

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside