Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:

> You are exactly pointing to a real solution here.
> It's jumping pretty fast to conclusion about Gnome itself being the
> cause of any type of network problem.

Sorry for the sarcasm and it might be inappropriate on the list, but I can
not hold it :D
Gnome is not causing any problems - it is the problem :D :D :D

Honestly - from my experience things work today and don't work tomorrow. The
next day developers or whoever decides to introduce a new look and feel
etc. I stopped using it exactly 20y ago and I quit KDE in 2008 when they
did the same with the launch of the "great new" KDE4.

regards