On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 06:26:07PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> > E: Repository 'http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable InRelease' changed
> > its 'Codename' value from 'buster' to 'bullseye'
> > N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can
> > be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
>
> If you used the label 'buster' instead of 'stable' in your sources.list,
> you may see complaints about a change in the 'Suite' value instead.

Hmm... after reading your message again, I think we're talking about
two separate problems that have very similar symptoms.

I've never actually *heard* of your problem before, nor have I seen it.

In all cases, whenever I've had a machine that ran *only* stable releases,
this symptom has never happened to me.  All stable-to-stable release
upgrades have gone smoothly for me, at least as far as the "apt-get update"
step goes.  I'm not sure what you're doing differently, or why it's not
working properly for you.

What *I* saw (and put on the wiki), was that a machine which ran buster
*as testing* (i.e. was upgraded from stretch to testing, prior to
buster's release) ran into the problem you describe, except that it
said the suite name changed from "testing" to "stable".

When I upgraded my buster-to-testing-to-bullseye machine today, I did not
see this same problem.  I got a bunch of warnings, and I *thought* I was
seeing the same problem as last time, but it turns out I didn't actually
have to run "apt update".  The "apt-get update" had worked in the first
place.