On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 08:24:13AM +0200, john doe <johndoe65...@mail.com>
wrote:

> The below assumes that 'sources.list' is set only for bullseye
>
> Some hints more than an answer:
> - Try to remove the gpg keys in '/etc/apt' directory.
> - Try to remove the Debian apt-keyring pkg ('$ apt-get --autoremove
> purge <PKG-NAME]')
>
> $ apt-get update && apt-get full-upgrade
>
> P.S.
>
> I would first try the first step and see how it goes
>
> --
> John Doe

Thanks, but removing keys from /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d
didn't help. There is no apt-keyring package. And I
couldn't bring myself to uninstall the
debian-archive-keyring package because I assumed that
would make it impossible to ever install anything ever
again. There was an old debian-keyring package that I
removed. But nothing helped.

Never mind. On another VM with the same sized disk, an
upgrade of a fresh debian-10 install got past that
point happily, but then ran out of disk when it got to
the kernel. So it probably wouldn't have worked anyway
(but 1GB spare should have been enough). Another VM
with double the disk upgraded fine.

And the important VM that matters upgraded fine as
well. So it's OK now.

Although bind9 crashed in a heap and dumped core and
couldn't run, as soon as I got it to DNSSEC-sign all my
zones. I wasn't expecting bind9 to crash immediately on
debian stable!

And it overwrote my carefully crafted and documented
zonefiles. I wasn't expecting that either (having read
all the documentation on the subject).

But that's a discussion for a different mailing list,
unless someone here knows what the crashing is about
(bind9-9.16.15 + DNSSEC = firetrucks and sirens). :-)

I hope I won't have to wait too long for bind9-9.16.19.

cheers,
raf