On Wed 29 Sep 2021 at 15:18:44 (+0200), Stella Ashburne wrote:
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 4:45 AM
> > From: "Dan Ritter" <d...@randomstring.org>
> >
> > Try
> >
> > sudo dhclient wlan0
> >
> > and see if that gives you an IP and a default route, at which
> > point  apt update should work.
> >

> I tried the command:
>
> sudo dhclient wlan0
>
> and no result (nothing) appeared.

I'm not sure exactly what *should* appear. Normally, I read about DHCP's
actions in the logs. Anyway …

> May I refer you to the sub-section titled "Setting static IP address in
> network configuration" of ArchLinux' wiki on iwd
> (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Iwd).
>
> My file whitecollar.psk located in /var/lib/iwd/ has the following contents:

So the WiFi's SSID is whitecollar (all lower case)?

> [Security]
> PreSharedKey=a long string of alphanumeric characters
> Passphrase=aquickbrownfoxjumpsoverthelazydog

I take it that you edited in the passphrase, and iwd wrote
the PreSharedKey into the file itself?

> [IPv4]
> Address=192.168.30.115
> Netmask=255.255.255.0
> Gateway=192.168.30.1
> Broadcast=192.168.30.255
> DNS=8.8.8.8

Where did you get the number 115 from?

It's claimed that iwd can do DHCP itself. For this, you'd drop
the [IPv4] paragraph above, and instead put

[General]
EnableNetworkConfiguration=true

into /etc/iwd/main.conf (create if necessary).

> Please note that I have disabled IPv6 by adding the line
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="ipv6.disable=1 quiet"
>
> to /etc/default/grub

It's claimed that iwd only configures IPv6 if you have

[Network]
EnableIPv6=true

in /etc/iwd/main.conf.

Cheers,