On 9/30/21, Stella Ashburne  wrote:
> Hi Tomas
>
>> Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 11:48 PM
>> From: to...@....de
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>> Subject: Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 -
>> Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 10:14:05AM -0400, Henning Follmann wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > What baffels me is though, at what length someone would go to not use
>> > the default
>> > methods to connect  via wifi. Especially when they showed limited
>> > experience
>> > in networking in the first place.
>>
>> This remark was, IMO, unnecessary: after all, that's how we learn around
>> here,
>> don't we?
>>
>> At least that's how I learn.
>>
> Bingo. I couldn't agree with you more.

Seriously!!?  My wireless is slow, so I've been sort of following this
thread in case something useful (to me :-) gets mentioned, but all the
learning being done seems to be of the negative "this doesn't work"
flavour,,

Why not stick with standard procedure and follow
  https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse

That at least seems to be a better bet for getting a working wireless
connection that you can then improve upon later.

Best Regards,
Lee