Oh dear! Oh dear!

> Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 1:22 PM
> From: "David Wright" <deb...@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 -
> Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)
>
> > [IPv4]
> > Address=192.168.30.115
> > Netmask=255.255.255.0
> > Gateway=192.168.30.1
> > Broadcast=192.168.30.255
> > DNS=8.8.8.8
>

> It's claimed that iwd can do DHCP itself. For this, you'd drop
> the [IPv4] paragraph above, and instead put
>
> [General]
> EnableNetworkConfiguration=true
>
> into /etc/iwd/main.conf (create if necessary).

Per your suggestion, I created a file main.conf in /etc/iwd/ and typed in the
words:

[General]
EnableNetworkConfiguration=true

and saved it.

Next I removed the following lines from /var/lib/iwd/whitecollar.psk as you
have suggested:

[IPv4]
Address=192.168.30.115
Netmask=255.255.255.0
Gateway=192.168.30.1
Broadcast=192.168.30.255
DNS=8.8.8.8

and saved the changes.

After a reboot, I typed the following word at the command prompt:

iwctl

Next, I typed

station wlan0 show

The output was: No device found