Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 17 October 2021 12:39:50 Dan Ritter wrote:
>
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > The local electrical system, while better than Haiti's is getting to
>> > be a nuisance with 5 second power failures about weekly, or is that
>> > weakly?
>>
>> That's a great case for a UPS...
>>
> Yup, but thats 4 more of them.  Is anybody hving a real sale?

  no, you buy one for the whole place and put it on tha main
panel.

  i only have a small one here for my PC and a light, but it
has paid for itself many times over already in not having
random power outages take me down and mess things up.  normally
when a storm comes through i turn off the PC anyways because
i really don't want to have things fried (even if i do have
the UPS and surge protection).  i can do something else for
a while.

  if i were running large expensive equipment i'd surely have
some UPS and surge protection for those.  if only just enough
to get them to shut down without destroying the work in
progress (or themselves).

  songbird