On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 02:38:47PM +0100, Richmond wrote:
> Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:01:39AM +0200, didier gaumet wrote:
> >> As you noticed, Chokoq 1.7.0 is available as a binary to install from
> >> upstream by clicking the button "install on linux". (1)
> >> But it is mentioned that the button works only with Appstream
> >> application stores. (2)
> >
> > I still believe it would be simpler to upgrade to Debian 11.  It's
> > something that the OP would need to do eventually anyway.
>
> It might be simpler to do it, unless there are some unforseen
> consequences. I don't have a way to do a backup currently. I have done
> some naughty things like installing zoom.

Before the upgrade, comment out the sources.list line for Zoom - optionally,
remove it altogether. Upgrade to Debian 11 then redownload / reenable Zoom.
[It's not "naughty" - Debian supports the right of users to use non-free
software, just doesn't package it in main].

> Also I prefer to have all my computers on the same version of debian if
> I can, but one has an nvidia card and the drivers don't support the
> version 5 kernel.

Which model? You may find that nouveau will support the card adequately.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater