On Thu, 27 Jan 2022, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

On 2022-01-27 11:41:44 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2022-01-27 10:05:16 +0530, Pankaj Jangid wrote:
Since I have setup a new hardware - x570 chipset, rx570 GPU - I am
facing a very strange problem. The monitor goes blank for a brief time,
like 1-2s and then comes back. It is connected with the GPU using HDMI
cable.

I had a similar problem in 2009 with a monitor connected via HDMI to
a Power Mac (not under Linux). This first happened from time to time,
then much more often, i.e. every day. IIRC, there was no issue when
later, this monitor was connected to a Debian laptop via VGA. I sold
the monitor to someone else (and told him about this problem), and he
confirmed the problem with his machine.

And I had noted that plugging out then in again the HDMI cable on the
monitor side was generally making the problem disappear for some time.

For a while I was using a mac (running macOS) plugged into a dock with
two HDMI screens connected and I was having this problem occasionally.
The mac was clearly thinking the screens had "gone away" because it
would move windows around. I've now switched to a windows laptop, same
dock, same cables, same monitors and the problem has gone away.