Pankaj Jangid <pan...@codeisgreat.org> writes:

> Dan Ritter <d...@randomstring.org> writes:
>
>> Pankaj Jangid wrote:
>>> Since I have setup a new hardware - x570 chipset, rx570 GPU - I am
>>> facing a very strange problem. The monitor goes blank for a brief time,
>>> like 1-2s and then comes back. It is connected with the GPU using HDMI
>>> cable.
>>
>> I have seen this happen with loose or worn-out video cables.
>
> Sure. Let me try another cable for a day. I’ll update here.

UPDATE:

I have changed the HDMI cable and since last 6hrs I have not faced that
event again. Will update in the thread if it re-appears.

Another thing happened when I was replacing the cable. I heard the
sparking noise in the power socket of monitor. So I tightened it up a
bit. So the loose power socket could also be the culprit in my case.

I am just waiting for another day and then I’ll try the earlier HDMI
cable again.