On 2022-01-28 15:31, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
On 2022-01-28 08:40, hdv@gmail wrote:
I am reasonably sure the problem lies in some form or combination of software. Sadly, my expertise in that area is insufficient to find out what it is exactly.

What kernel/OS/driver are you using if it is software I can try to reproduce since I have a pretty similar card.

On the other hand: what goes in my case is not necessarily valid in yours.

In case it is is due to overheating this script will log temperature, power management and fan settings.

#!/bin/bash
cd /sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon0
while `true`;
     do date;
    for x in fan1_enable fan1_input fan1_target pwm1 pwm1_enable temp1_input;
         do echo -n "$x: "; cat $x;
     done;
     echo; sleep 1;
done

Output will be the following about once a second:

Fri 28 Jan 2022 09:28:12 AM EST
fan1_enable: 0
fan1_input: 1714
fan1_target: 1714
pwm1: 0
pwm1_enable: 2
temp1_input: 36000

Also you can max out the fan to see if that helps:

echo 0 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1_enable

(If you can pwm1_enable after it will show 1 and not 0, but if you look at pwm1 it will be at max of 255).

Bijan

I am (currently) on

5.15.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.15.5-2 (2021-12-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux

and

xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu

if I am not mistaken. Sorry, I can't check it from here.

About the fan: I seem to remember I had to install amdgpu-fan (needed to look that up, forgot the name) when I got this setup. Not sure if it still is needed or that the driver can control the fan reliably nowadays. I need to check that out too when I get home.

Grx HdV