On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 04:36:35PM +1100, Charlie wrote:
> I think this lappy has only had Bullseye in testing and then stable on
> it Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
>
> i   dict-moby-thesaurus
>
> Maybe just not in synaptic. I use apt-get and apt to put the packages
> on this one?

No, you're definitely mistaken about one of your assumptions here.  There
isn't a separate repository of packages that only synaptic knows about,
or that only apt-get knows about.  They all read the same sources.

The most likely thing is that you ran bullseye-as-testing at a time
when this package still existed (hadn't been removed from testing
yet).  You installed the package then, and you still have it.