Hi all,

For years, out of inertia, I have been using x11vnc in a screen session
to provide remote desktop access to my local home server. So simply
speaking I see my logged in X session, with my desktop and running
programs, and I can manage it remotely from another machine.

my x11vnc in screen is as follows:
x11vnc -rfbauth ~/.vnc/passwd -shared -forever -loop -noipv6 -repeat
-timeout 60 -ncache_cr -noxfixes -find

This works all year round, but for last couple of months (or more?) its
randomly dropping the connection and I have to start over. This is some
bug in x11vnc, because otherwise server's reliability is excellent, and
all other services are working very well. When it drops, screen session
says:
caught XIO error:
06/09/2022 21:31:50 deleted 60 tile_row polling images.

And it just starts over because is has -repeat option. It happens every
few minutes, very frequently when I am typing, and almost not at all
when I am doing nothing apart from having remote session fired up.

I'd like to finally fix it (anyone knows what's wrong?), or replace
x11vnc with something else. Preferably some systemd service. And I want
full desktop access to my machine, I know that some other remote clients
are logging me in as a new user or something, with empty desktop, that's
not what I want.

Specs:
Clean Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) x86_64 with x11vnc package
installed. Xorg and LXQt as desktop environment, on NVIDIA GeForce GT
710 on nouveau driver. Everything is stable apart from this issue.

Any suggestions welcome!

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀