On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 10:41 AM piorunz <pior...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your replies guys. These solutions are overkill to my needs,
> I just need reliable LAN access from one machine to another, as for WAN
> access I already have ssh tunnel which tunnels all traffic I want if
> need be. So, I don't think I need external, commercial, not open source
> solution for my simple remote access. I'd rather fix VNC server I have
> right now, or switch to different VNC server. Anyone has experience with
> VNC, or similar LAN protocols, which work? Thanks in advance.

I remember trying TigerVNC, which seems to have a better performance
compared to x11vnc:
http://dashohoxha.fs.al/remote-desktop-access-with-vnc-and-sshtunnels/

Xpra may also be very good, but I have never tried it in a scenario like
that:
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1009

xrdp might also work, but seems to be a bit tricky:
https://github.com/neutrinolabs/xrdp/issues/960

x2go may also be a very good solution, as already mentioned.

Regards,
Dashamir