On Mon, 2023-01-23 at 19:54 -0800, Matthew McAllister wrote:
> Coincidentally, this is also exactly when the bluetooth on my motherboard
> stopped working. (The WiFi is on the same MT7921K chipset and still works
> weirdly).
>
> Can you suggest any steps other than straight-up RMA'ing the mobo? (That
> might fix the USB-C as well, heh.)

I would still place my bet on a software problem.

Was the boot with the first time of failure the same kernel version and
wifi firmware as the previous successful boot?  If the problem stated
with a new kernel or firmware version then that would be a smoking gun,
and you could prove it by booting the earlier kernel or reverting
firmware.

--
Tixy