On Mon, 2023-01-23 at 19:54 -0800, Matthew McAllister wrote:
> > Also, looking at old kernel logs from back when it was working
> > would be useful (/var/log/kernel.N.gz where N if the biggest number
> > there is). Hopefully that will show what device is on usb 1-5
> > (though I believe port numbers may change over time and depend on
> > what's plugged in).
>
> That was the perfect piece of advice. I found the exact log where the
> issue began:
>
> 2023-01-06T20:20:28.225698-08:00 cockpit kernel: [   25.515977] usb 1-5:
> Failed to suspend device, error -110

That timestamp is half a day before linux 6.1 accepted into unstable
[1] so in theory the problem started before the new kernel, but the
timing looks suspicious, so I think comparing the first log you have
for booting with 6.1 with the last log with 6.0 would be invaluable.

(The device numbers could change between kernel versions if enumeration
order changed, so that TIMEOUT error (-110) could be related to a
different device).

Also, just try booting using linux 6.0 to see if that fixes anything.
That still seems to available, so if you uninstalled it, it can be
reinstalled.

[1]
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1406376/accepted-linux-614-1-source-into-unstable/

--