On 20/3/23 02:48, David Wright wrote:
Checking the RFC. To my reading the final stanza is not checked
" The <ip> is compared to the given network. If CIDR prefix length

    high-order bits match, the mechanism matches."

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7208#section-5.6

So in this case AI got it right.
I don't follow. What's your "final stanza" referring to, and
what's wrong with the RFC in connection with it?

I should have used the term 'final qnum' but I think that would be obscure.

I meant the fourth number in the IPv4 dotted-quad notation.

As for the RFC? It's precise and definitive. My only concern is that some mail system implementer may 'improve' the RFC and restrict the acceptable address range to a /32 when they see a non zero final qnum in a /24

--
Jeremy
(Lists)