Hi Gareth,

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 11:01:56PM +0100, Gareth Evans wrote:
> seems like a lot of effort to discover something that should
> (shouldn't it?) be documented somewhere in relation to Bookworm?
> I couldn't find anything in the release notes except some
> "notable" obsolete packages at s5.3, which didn't include hddtemp.

I imagine it's a difference of opinion on what is notable enough
that just mentioning it in the NEWS of the package concerned is
enough vs a mention in the release notes.

If you disagree I recommend submitting a bug against release notes
for bookworm with a proposed text citing alternatives to hddtemp.

I have in the past managed to get things added to release notes
post release in this way.

Cheers,
Andy