Cindy Sue Causey <butterflyby...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My own mind went to the place of thinking sans serif was about those
> very lines. I just didn't make it to thinking that would make it hard
> to find any alternate in that family.
>
> My long time preference is developer-weary-eye-friendly
> fonts-anonymous-pro for whatever applications will accept it. Found it
> accidentally a few years ago. Its differences are noticeable enough
> that I instantly miss it on new operating system installs.
>
> The "apt-cache show" description for fonts-anonymous-pro specifically
> references both 0 v. O and I v. l v. 1:
>
> "Description-en: fixed width font designed for coders
>  This package contains two Font Families.
>   - Anonymous Pro
>   - Anonomous Pro Minus
>  .
>  'Anonymous Pro' is a family of four fixed-width fonts designed
>  especially with coding in mind. Characters that could be mistaken for
>  one another (O, 0, I, l, 1, etc.) have distinct shapes to make them
>  easier to tell apart in the context of source code.

Terminal fonts tend to be fixed width since that's a property of
terminals. Fixed width fonts tend to have serifs because it's easier to
make the spacing look more even between inherently narrow characters
and inherently wide ones using details like serifs.

So finding a sans serif font amongst terminal fonts is likely a
difficult cause.