Am Sun, 20 Aug 2023 21:41:04 +0000
schrieb "Russell L. Harris" <russ...@rlharris.org>:

> On the 3, 5, 6, and 9, open the end of the loops, and shorten the
> horizontal stroke on top of the 5 so the 5 is not mistaken for an S.
> Always put horizontal strokes on I.  Make the 1 with a flag on the
> upper end and put a horizontal stroke on the 7, German-style.  My
> handwriting is a odd mixture of cursive script and printing.

Thanks for sharing!

Really interesting ... I'm already implementing all of these "rules".
I learnt to write the 7 in German style because I live in Germany ;-)
We also learned to put a "flag" on the 1 in school. I was surprised to see
other people don't. To me it's quite confusing to see 1 just as a straight
line.

I don't remember when I startet to put bars on the 'I', probably during
my studies of electrical engineering when we used lots of formulas.

I also have a "mixed handwriting" with some ligatures (for example on the
double 'l'). For the small 's' I use two different glyphs (not on
purpose) that usually depend on my mood. For a long time I wasn't even
aware I was doing this :-)

Best regards,
Christoph