On 8/20/23 14:23, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Sun, Aug 20, 2023 at 02:05:49PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
Bob Weber composed on 2023-08-20 11:04 (UTC-0400):

gene heskett wrote:

I cannot make bashes redirection (cmd 2>&1 >tmp/cmd.log) work in Konsole. What
terminal actually uses bash for the heavy lifting?

In konsole its in the settings for the profile you are using.  Mine just says
bash not /usr/bin/bash.  If a profile uses ssh that will be there also.  Its
under "Settings/Edit current profile"  or  "Settings/Manage profiles".

In the most recent versions of Konsole I've started (5.27.x), the default
profile
has inexplicably been changed from /bin/bash to /bin/sh.

The redirection syntax Gene is using is the same in all Bourne family
shells (anything that /bin/sh may legitimately point to, including
dash and bash).

Bash has a few extensions, of course, but none of them are in Gene's