Am Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 03:00:33AM +0000 schrieb Russell L. Harris:
Hello Russel,
I cannot answer your question directly but show what I am doing now.

> After much searching and reading, I have not discovered how to set up
> a pair of git repositories to work together.
>
> I write articles for publication.  I typically spend anywhere from
> several hours to many days on each article.  It is frustrating to work
> for an hour or two on a paragraph or a page and then accidentally to
> erase what I have written.
>
> In the past, I have found git to be a very good solution.  But now I
> am moving to a new computer, and I an having difficulty replicating
> the previous setup.
>
> My needs are simple.  I need two git repositories.
>
> The first is my work space, into which periodically I commit the
> article on which I am working.
>
> The second repository is my backup; it resides on another machine.
> Several times a day, I SSH into the backup machine and pull the
> working repository.  It would be nice to be able to push from WORKING
> to BACKUP, eliminating the need to SSH.

I have almost the same setup and use local git repositories.
Instead of syncing them by the git tools I use rsync to update the
backup from time to time. This is a dumb method but it works.

> I cloned the WORKING repository from the old host, and the WORKING
> repository appears to function correctly.  But I do not know how to
> configure the BACKUP repository.  I tried the BARE option, but I am not
> able to push from WORKING to BACKUP.

To dig that is on my todo list as well. But as an additional backup I
would run the dump method in parallel, just in case I manage to screw up
the git repository.

Kind regards,
Christoph
--