On 8/25/23 09:04, Russell L. Harris wrote:
On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 07:24:59AM +0100, Tixy wrote:
On Thu, 2023-08-24 at 22:24 +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:
I'm also a bit confused about doing it this way. The usual workflow
with git is to 'push' to the remote repository, which is in fact what
you originally asked how to do.

This particular exercise is aimed at automation; the impetus was a
change of hosts and a move to Debian 12.  I have been opening two
terminals, one on the local host and the other (via SSH) on the remote
host.  Whenever I think it is time to capture the state of the
document I am composing, I commit to the local repository, then I pull
the update into the remote repository.

To me, pull seemed natural, because the remote repository was cloned
from the local.  But if there is a reason to push, then I shall change.

Taking advantage of Git comes to mind!!! ;^)

I would strongly suggest you to reconsider your approach and to spend
more time getting a correct set up instead of going with what you know!!! :)

If lack of time is a constrain for you, please say so and we will not
spend time trying to make you go in an other direction.

--
John Doe