On 8/28/23 23:44, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 11:32:25PM -0400, songbird wrote:
Greg Wooledge wrote:
The problem is, most Debian systems are set up to mount the core file
systems with "relatime".  This means you don't have a record of the
last time each file was accessed, so you can't ask the computer which
files were most recently opened.

   i don't have that one set at all in my fstab.

It's a default option.  It doesn't have to be visible in fstab.
Look at the *output of mount* instead.

unicorn:~$ cat /etc/fstab
[...]
# / was on /dev/sda7 during installation
UUID=c4691ccb-2090-491e-8e82-d7cc822db04a /               ext4
errors=remount-ro 0       1
[...]

unicorn:~$ mount | grep 'on / '
/dev/sda7 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro)

.
And that's pretty universal here.  My listing is considerably longer.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis