On 30/08/2023 01:58, gene heskett wrote:
bash: pactl: command not found
gene@coyote:~$ sudo apt install pactl
E: Unable to locate package pactl

Next?

Either apt-file suggested earlier or if you are using it rarely and prefer to avoid downloading of file lists for all packages then

https://packages.debian.org/file:pactl

Thunderbird calendar, korganizer, alarm applets or applications may be
suspected as well.

Those would all be under /home/me/.local? FWIW I am the only live user.

At least thunderbird keeps its files in ~/.thunderbird by default. Perhaps KDE application might continue using legacy ~/.kde if the directory already contains their files. My idea is to check if you have accidentally scheduled events without waiting a next alarm.