Hello,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 09:05:51AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 17:45 Andy Smith <a...@strugglers.net> wrote:
> > I'd make it all run with one raku from one place, or else I'd
> > specify the full path to the special raku that is needed.

[…]

> You do not understand the problem, Andy: Debian's package version of
> raku is over two years old, and it is NOT installed by default.  My
> script uses that raku as a bootstrap to update to the latest release
> provided as a Debian package format similar to the manner in which
> PostgreSQL can be maintained in its latest state with an out-of-Debian
> package location.

Why does any of that stop you from only using the dev Raku once
you've used the packaged Raku to install it?

You're right, I don't understand. Your use case sounds the same as
any I've had to accomplish with development versions of Perl,
Python, Ruby, Go, Rust etc for multiple decades now. I do not
understand why your situation, with Raku, is special in any way.

Perhaps it's some aspect of Raku that I don't understand, not being
familiar with that, so I should leave it to others who maybe do
understand that.

Best of luck!
Andy