Hello,

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 11:48:31AM +0000, David wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 11:29, Andy Smith <a...@strugglers.net> wrote:
> > It is only the most inept of MUAs that fail to use these headers
> > and rely only on the Subject: header being the same.
>
> Agreed. But that's what the Gmail web interface has always done
> since its introduction. It is what it is.

Wow. I'm genuinely shocked it is so bad and that people put up with
that. But on the other hand, comparatively few people use email a
lot.

So I guess Rajib's answer is, "put up with it or use a decent MUA
that talks to Gmail through IMAP or whatever."

Apologies for the misinformation, and thanks for the correction.

Thanks,
Andy