Colin Watson wrote:

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:06:19AM -0600, Kent West wrote:

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Kent West (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

Mild Netiquette Training:

4] Use line wrapping

Is my text not wrapping?

It looks fine to me. What's happening is that your mailer is using the format=flowed extension (RFC 2646, standards track). This involves it putting "format=flowed" in the content-type, ending every line in a paragraph except the last with a space, and otherwise wrapping lines normally. format=flowed allows mailers that are aware of it to intelligently wrap paragraphs in replies without fear of corrupting preformatted text.

In other words, what your mailer is doing is *good*. Mailers that are
unaware of format=flowed degrade to displaying the text normally
wrapped. The people who've complained at you are using mailers that are
aware of format=flowed and have a wide area available for displaying
text. I'd say that if they see wide text as a result then it's their own
problem. :) Perhaps these mailers can be configured not to unwrap
format=flowed text so vigorously?

Cheers,

Thanks for the response and explanation; that helps me feel better about how moz is working.

--
Kent