On Dec 21, 2023, Alain D D Williams wrote:
> My home PC is receiving, for hours at a time, 12-30 kB/s input
> traffic. This is unsolicited. I do not know what it is trying to
> achieve but suspect no good. It is also eating my broadband
> allowance.
>
> Questions:
>
> • What is going on ?

Looks like bots.

> • What can I do about it ?

Dropping the entirety of Asia/Africa has helped my logs (though, my ISP
doesn't track usage; and I imagine if they did, it wouldn't actually
HELP anything there, since the traffic already made it to me).  If it's
a reputable hosting company, contacting their abuse department may
possibly help them kill the account(s) running the bots.

--
|_|O|_|