On 1/13/24 13:41, Andy Smith wrote:
Gene,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 12:23:28PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
Does making a raid erase the drives label field in a gpt partition scheme?

That question ought to have a simple yes or no answer.

I'm forced to conclude that it's a waste of anyone's time to try to
help you since you don't listen to advice, won't even type commands
you are asked to, and don't provide relevant information.

I've furnished exactly what you asked for in previous msgs, until you ask for something that is NOT installed by bookworm and cannot be found by synaptic. It must take an extra long ladder to get up on the horse you are riding.

On top of
that between any two emails you embark on misguided epic
restructuring of your entire computing environment rendering
anything that was said in between utterly pointless.

I'm looking for a solution to a broken install, all caused by the installer finding a plugged in FDTI usb-serial adapter so it automatically assumed I was blind and automatically installed brltty and orca, which are not removable once installed without ripping the system apart rendering it unbootable. If orca is disabled, the system will _NOT_ reboot. And I catch hell for discriminating against the blind when I complained at the time.

That took me 20+ installs to get this far because if I removed the exec bits on orca, disabling it=no reboot=yet another re-install go thru the same thing with orca yelling at me for every keystroke entered, till someone took pity on me and wrote to unplug the usb stuff which looks like a weeping willow tree here, nothing more or less.

And I'm forced to conclude that a simple yes or no answer to what looks like a single, simple question to me, included above, is beyond you. Surely there is someone who /can/ answer that question.

Do take care, stay warm, dry and well Andy. And unvaxed, so you might live to be my age.

I am not. You are helpful, just not to me. That, I do not understand. It comes across to me that you have no time for anyone north of 50 years old, we are too dumb to be help when something goes south. The only part of the advanced age category I fit into is the poor short term memory of someone 89 years old, which I am.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis