On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 03:22:52PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 1/19/24, Max Nikulin <maniku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Precise steps
> > depend on degree of your paranoia.
>
>  ... and mine is of the totally irrevocable, even joyful kind; so,
> where are the steps?
>
>  I have always believe that Debian’s basic assumptions about using the
> Internet as a relatively secure, “private” venue are definitely more
> worryingly irrational than my paranoia.
>
>  I think at some point I will have to learn more about Debian’s apt
> utility. Any documentation you would suggest explaining it all from
> the protocoled structure of deb packages to the various installation
> procedures depending on degree of paranoia? When I learn something I
> like to learn all of it.

What aspect? apt sits on top of package dependencies, package signing,
package validation ...

And apt succeeds / parallels aptitude and apt-get. Apt-get succeeded dselect
which superseded dpkg commands. The base is still dpkg and keeping track
of package dependencies in some sense.

All the very best,

Andy
(amaca...@debian.org)