Dnia 2024-02-23, o godz. 11:25:25
Roger Price <ro...@rogerprice.org> napisaƂ(a):

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2024, Marco Moock wrote:
>
> > The only package I am aware of that changed some terms is sendmail.
> >

> With the publication of RFC 9271 "UPS Management Protocol", the nut
> packages (Network UPS Tools) did a vocabulary cleanup at release
> 2.8.0 which included changing Master/Slave to Primary/Secondary.
> There have been no reports in the mailing list of this causing any
> problems.
>
> Roger

Because nut have backward-compatible name support. Can't do that if you
change literal text returned by kernel about device config. That is why
it "works" (for us too, we use it). Bringing unrelated project to the
discussion is, well, unrelated as problems are of entirely different
kind, making config backward-compatible is far easier than what it
returns (and nothing realistically would check for the word anyway in
case of UPS)

Did you looked up what actually changed and thought about implications
vs changing kernel interfaces or did you just google for random tidbit
of which project did waste time on that ?

--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani...@gmail.com>
GnuPG: 0xEA8ACE64