Folks:

At some point this year, I'm moving into a new house, and it is not wired
for internet (WHY aren't new houses wired with Cat5/6/7?). The local
internet provider will likely provide a wireless router, as they all do. My
idea is to put a device which receives wireless signal from the
router/modem, and has an RJ45 jack in it in each room. So each room would
have one of these, and the devices in it would be hooked to that device via
cat 5e. I hope that's clear.

I'd like to shop for such a device, but I don't know what it's called. Can
anyone provide advice, and possibly preferred brand names? I'd appreciate
it.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster