On Sat, Jun 01, 2024 at 10:53:45AM +0200, DdB wrote:
> Am 01.06.2024 um 09:20 schrieb DdB:
> > Hello,
> >
> I get it: you wouldnt trust my scripts.

That wasn't the point. I'm just not in the situation to
debug it at the moment.

> Thats fine with me. But my
> experience is quite different: Software, i prefer using is such, that i
> keep control.

Definitely -- that's why I concoct my backup scripts myself.
I was rather commenting at the concrete construction (that
is: concurrent processes communicating over two way pipes),
which seems somewhat fragile to me. If you haven't async
primitives, as in the shell, you might bump into deadlocks
sooner rather than later :-)

Cheers