On 3/6/24 03:01, Darac Marjal wrote:

On 02/06/2024 19:03, Chris M wrote:
I noticed that in SeaMonkey Mail's latest version 2.53.18.2 that the text is small in SOME emails, and in some emails its fine. And I can't figure out what to change to make the text a little bigger without having to use CTRL ++ on those certain emails.

Any ideas on how?

It might be worth checking what language the emails are in. Thunderbird allows you to specify fonts separately for each writing system (e.g. if you want to specify fonts for Japanese or Greek or Khmer messages, you can do). For English and comparable languages, you want to set a font for "Latin" writing system. However, note that there is also "Other Writing Systems" so I can imagine that, if these emails aren't UTF-8 - if they're some strange Windows encoding, for example - they might not be using the font you think you've set.

Here is an example:

Original:
https://imgur.com/a/mFfgBLh

After hitting "CTRL +" 1 time:
https://imgur.com/a/eK1mERq

For

Language
Choose the languages used to display menus, messages, and notifications from Thunderbird.

I have set English (GB) which, I expect, will confound anything that tries to impose characters that are not what I want.

Bret Busby
Armadale
Western Australia
(UTC+0800)